Friday, June 24, 2011

So much to be Thankful for

I have met an amazing friend group through the USIT program. Sara and this girl from Australia named Ashlee, and I went to Galway on the Summer Solstice (Tuesday and Wednesday). It was the longest day of the year and luckily we were graced with beautiful sunshine. It was a little windy but gosh it felt amazing to sit by the bay, walk around town, and play in the park. Sara and I took a ferry on Wednesday to the Aran Islands.
This is a picture I found online so you could see how dramatic the cliffs were on the island. There is no barrier up like there was at the Cliffs of Moher.. I literally got on my hands and knees and peered over the edge! We sat there for about 30 minutes, had a picnic and a chat with the guard on duty. It was one of the most surreal moments I have ever had.

Thursday (yesterday) was the USIT social. They plan one every month so new and old members can meet each other and hang out. It was pretty perfect timing for me because I recently found out that I have until the 16th of July to find a new place to live. long story but trust me its for the best.. so I was late to the social because I went to see an apartment in the same building I am currently in (convenient move) but it did not seem that it would work out so on the walk to the pub I was a little bummed. I was prepared to forget about my living situation for the night and just have fun...cut loose if you will ;) As soon as I got there the organizer of the event came up to me and said there were two girls who have been in the program for about a month now and they are from FL...Tampa to be exact!! so we got to chatting and they said they were looking for a roommate because the girl they live with now is moving out July 10th. whoa, it was meant to be! We exchanged contact info and plan to hang out a couple times before then but it seems like its gonna work out just fine! :) Plus, I am excited to live with girls.. these guys are loud and messy.

I am one lucky lady and I so appreciate the good fortune that has come my way. Everyone back home has been extremely supportive (shout out to the best Grandmother in the WORLD!) and the people I have met here have really welcomed me. I have so much to be thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. this post makes me happy...I'm gonna shout out the Loy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There goes that magnet brain again! :) So happy for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete