Saturday, August 13, 2011

Days like today...

Today was a Saturday to remember. I didn't run off a Swiss mountain and paraglide, jump out of a perfectly good airplane in Florida, or eat octopus in the Dominican Republic, but I did leisurely walk around Dublin with two really great friends. We met up and went to a couple of local bars that on Saturdays (during the day) are flea markets. We also walked to some charity shops (thrift stores) and did some browsing. On the walk I stopped on the street and bought a nectarine that was dangerously delicious....way too delicious to have only costed 40 cents and was probably the forbidden fruit everyone is always saying Eve ate. Note: When the fruit tastes better than normal you know you are enjoying yourself! That happened to me in France with Sara when we had a fruit spread of dried pineapple and peaches, strawberries, and blueberries.

We walked a good way down Camden Street stopping in probably 7 or 8 shops and ended up in Rathmines. That is where I stayed in 2008 when I was here studying. We found the college I stayed at and tried to take a picture (to capture the insane difference in my appearance 3 years later in the same spot) but the gate was closed. I will most assuredly get that picture before I leave.

Days like today are so special. I didn't have a skydiving adrenaline rush or spend half my bank account on a plane ticket but it was equally as enjoyable. I am so thankful for meeting such wonderful people to experience days like today with.

1 comment:

  1. love this :) sometimes the finer things in life, are the smaller things

    ReplyDelete